AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEW CHANGES
Amazon is implementing changes to the customer review system in the US.
News of this change was recently announced in this c/net article.
The new customer review system uses a machine learning platform.
What does a machine learning customer review platform mean?
- The system will gauge which customer reviews are most helpful.
- The customer review system will be dynamic.
- The average star rating will be weighted by helpfulness.
- Verified reviews will have an edge toward helpfulness.
- Newer reviews will also count more toward helpfulness.
- Customer voting still impacts helpfulness.
So, exactly, how is this different?
- Average star rating may change, since it will be weighted by helpfulness. The most helpful reviews will carry more influence.
- Customer voting isn’t the only factor that affects helpfulness. Newer reviews and Verified reviews will carry more weight. There are probably other factors entailed in the “machine-learning.”
View original post 361 more words